As I was surfing the web the other day I came across a great article on entrepreneur.com. If you take a minute to read the article you will see that it outlines all of the expenses of a "custom" built site compared to a template/CMS based site. Where one could only cost you a few hundred dollars and the other could possibly break your bank account. I find this fitting that this will be our first blog post for Cheetah Builder!
Let me start off by saying that we are not your average website builder or CMS. We have been designing and developing sites as SyracuseCS.com for about 10 years now. We made Cheetah Builder for small and new businesses, as well as anyone else that needs a site, in order to give them a high quality website at a very affordable price. Let's look at some of the costs associated with an e-commerce type project. Please keep in mind that we have other web design packages available too.
The "Custom" Way
- Domain Registration - $10/yr
- Hosting (Shared) - $50/mo with SSL certificate
- Graphics - $1,500 for roughly 2 versions of a home page, 15 internal pages, checkout process, etc
- Programming - $5,000 - $12,000 depending on your needs
- Time needed to take the site live: 2-6 months
- Upgrades/Changes - $40-$85/hr (excluding bugs)
- Support - Can be limited depending on your web company
Total Custom Cost: $6,500 - $13,500 initially and about $50/mo.
The Cheetah Builder Way
- Domain Registration - $10/yr (you register this yourself)
- Hosting - Included in price
- Graphics - $500
- Programming - $0
- Time needed to take the site live: about 1 week
- Upgrades/Changes - $0 included in price
- Support - $0 included in price
Total Cheetah Builder Cost: $500 and $49.95/mo.
As you can see there is a HUGE price difference between the two options. We know that Cheetah Builder won't be an option for everyone, not every business is the same, and we are ok with that. But we believe that we can be a great asset to a lot of other companies out there.
I'm sure there are a lot of questions floating around out there after reading all of this, let's see if we can help you out with those:
- Yes, that is a HUGE price difference. I feel like I might get a sub-standard product, is this true?
Simply put, no. We have put every ounce of our experience and knowledge into Cheetah Builder. We use the best in technology, coding, programming, design, and SEO techniques. We have been working on this software over the past 10 years, so it has been rigorously tested by a number of sites and clients. We just simply packaged it up. We are also a small local company with small overhead, so that also keeps our costs down, which also keeps your cost down.
- The graphic design seems really cheap, are you going to use a template?
NO! We do not believe in using templates. At all. Each client layout is designed specifically for that client. We will use your logo, color scheme, and input from you in order to give you a custom look for your website. We believe that once you are on the Cheetah Builder system you will stay with it for a long time so we are able to roll in the cost of the graphic design. View our showcase.
- I'm not the most tech savvy person, how can I get some help with my site?
We include support for all of our Cheetah Builder clients. We have a support site that walks you through each element in your site, showing you how to add/edit/delete content very easily. If you can use email or a word processor, you will be able to use Cheetah Builder.
- I can barely use my email, now what?
No problem, we understand that some people are very far off from being tech savvy and it's ok with them. For an hourly rate, we can put all of the content in your site for you and manage it all. Once you are signed up with us, please ask for more details about this option.